what does this code do?

THE CODE ABOVE IS SO COMMON THAT I STARTED ASKING MYSELF, WHAT DOES THIS CODE DO? IS IT FOR SOE OR WHAT? I JUST FIND IT ON EVERY SITE I VISIT!!!

@Samson what you have there is code for Google analytic-QED

ok, i tot as much, but can i also use the same code for my site?

ok, i tot as much, but can i also use the same code for my site?

Am not too sure about that because I have not sat down to compare the lines but what I do is that I have a google analytic account which is free then I generate the code for each website I host. It is just meant for you to know how many visits you have on your website.

i also have a google account that generate seo like that, but its different from the code above, does your own look like d codes above?

@ samson SEO is different from Analytic

pls educate me, i need to know bro

http://www.google.com/analytics for more info

You need to access it via your google account, You can also get code for all Google web development via an existing Google account.

i have done it, infact i have it on my personal site already. thanks

What analytics does is to help you to analyze critically all the traffic coming into your website with lots of graphs and showing you where these users are coming from

It is easy and you can configure it to send you a PDF report whenever you want to any email you want it to go.

there is also Google Webmaster tools, you can try it out on google search engine

Easy good for web owners and web apps developers