php code for uploading documents

Please am working on a form that has upload section, which is meant to upload strictly word document but am having issues with the code, it’s like I have messed up the whole stuff, dont even know where to check. Can somebody help with a full script that I can just implement and get out of this till am able to figure out the error in mine. Tks for the response

You need to make sure the form is multipart/form-data as it’s enctype.

See the attached file for a full script. By the way, best practice for hyour da

Sorry, I was saying the best practice for your database will be not to store the image as a blob, it takes up so much space.

My example is a generic one, modify it to suit.

Post your code and let us correct the errors…

You can get PHP Manual from www.php.net online and get a step by step process on how to go about that or go to this address http://w3schools.com/php/php_file_upload.asp

@OlSylas

<?php // Check if a file has been uploaded if(isset($_FILES['uploaded_file'])) { // Make sure the file was sent without errors if($_FILES['uploaded_file']['error'] == 0) { // Connect to the database $dbLink = new mysqli('contact', 'classe', '123456, 'cv'); if(mysqli_connect_errno()) { die("MySQL connection failed: ". mysqli_connect_error()); } // Gather all required data $name = $dbLink->real_escape_string($_FILES['uploaded_file']['name']); $mime = $dbLink->real_escape_string($_FILES['uploaded_file']['type']); $data = $dbLink->real_escape_string(file_get_contents($_FILES ['uploaded_file']['tmp_name'])); $size = intval($_FILES['uploaded_file']['size']); // Create the SQL query $query = " INSERT INTO `cv` ( `name`, `mime`, `size`, `data`, `created` ) VALUES ( '{$name}', '{$mime}', {$size}, '{$data}', NOW() )"; // Execute the query $result = $dbLink->query($query); // Check if it was successfull if($result) { echo 'Success! Your file was successfully added!'; } else { echo 'Error! Failed to insert the file' . " ``` {$dbLink->error} ``` "; } } else { echo 'An error accured while the file was being uploaded. ' . 'Error code: '. intval($_FILES['uploaded_file']['error']); } // Close the mysql connection $dbLink->close(); } else { echo 'Error! A file was not sent!'; } // Echo a link back to the main page echo '

Click here to go back

'; ?> MySQL file upload example

See all files

This is the error i get
Notice: Undefined index: file in C:\wamp\www\jquerysample\upload_file.php on line 2

Notice: Undefined index: file in C:\wamp\www\jquerysample\upload_file.php on line 3

Notice: Undefined index: file in C:\wamp\www\jquerysample\upload_file.php on line 4
Invalid file