CSS drop down menu

Some things are so simple, yet you found out that they might just be ur major problem. Imagine that i have never done a site with a drop down menu before!!! Now i need to create one, unfortunately i didn’t get it, in fact i don’t even know how to go about it, isn’t that funny? pls if u have an idea, let me know asap

:smiley: well i got one i used for my site www.talkdeygo.com you can check it out it has jquery plugin inside of it. hope it solve what you are asking for

#jsddm { margin: 0; padding: 0} #jsddm li { float: left; list-style: none; font: 15px Arial; font-weight:bold; } #jsddm li a { display: block; background: #0664EC; padding: 5px 12px; text-decoration: none; border-right: 1px solid white; width: 70px; color: #EAFFED; white-space: nowrap} #jsddm li a:hover { background: #94C1FE; color: #000; } #jsddm li ul { margin: 0; padding: 0; position: absolute; visibility: hidden; border-top: 1px solid white} #jsddm li ul li { float: none; display: inline; } #jsddm li ul li a { width: auto; background: #0664EC} #jsddm li ul li a:hover { background: #FFDE30}

Try it and get back to me, you can edit the links as you like

let me try, i’ll let u know. thanks

In addition to @Nimboya’s help, I think you should be aware that there are two types of dropdowns.

1. Pure CSS based dropdown [Works without any effects or Javascript]
  2. Javascript dropdown menus [requires javascript, comes with many vanilla effects, and different javascript frameworks]

Depending on the scenario, you may choose to use any of the two. Best option though would be a non-obstrusive option that degrades from javascript to css based dropdown in case there is a javascript problem.

Try superfish jquery plugin

http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/

superfish works!